Today, we received a call from a panic-stricken client. She had just moved into her new house only to find non-working outlets. What a drag that would be. Our Master Electrician, Charles Otstott, arrived. On closer inspection he found many outlets were cracked. A hidden danger, because the electrical connection can be exposed and cause a person electrical shock. The most common reason an outlet cracks is an extension box is connected and casues stress on the outlet. SAFE strongly recommends cracked outlets be replace to avoid a hazardous situation.