If at any time you are unsure about the safety of the electrical system in your home you should call a professional electrician to help resolve your issue. Here are 5 tips you should know to help you:
- If your whole house is without power you should turn off all circuit breakers.
- Try to reset the Main breaker usually at the top of the panel.
- If your Main breaker will not reset call a professional.
- If the Main breaker resets start turning 1 breaker on at a time. If you have a problem with any of the breakers not resetting or sparking call a professional.
- If you’re Main breaker resets start turning all the breakers back on 1 at a time until all power is restored to your home, pay attention to your panel to make sure you don’t see smoke or hear burning noises.
Remember that a breaker tripping is a safety feature to stop fires and injury from happening and shouldn’t be reset like a light switch. If while you are resetting your breakers and they trip again Do Not keep resetting them, this is a sign of a bigger problem.
For Emergency Service contact me:
Charles Otstott at 708-361-1555 or Contact Us