As we have been driving around many homes in and near Chicago, we are starting to realize the more we are seeing Generac generators.
We believe there are many homeowners which are still not prepared for winter storms. Don’t put your family and your home in danger. Let’s make sure your home is both merry and SAFE!
There are many websites out there offering great tips for winterizing your home.
We’ve made a list of the best ones out there for you to check out.
Let’s create a safer home together:
- Install weather stripping on doors and windows
- Service your furnace/heating system (this should be done at the beginning of each season) and be sure to change filters.
- Don’t cover vents with furniture
- Keep walkways and driveways clear of ice and snow
- Install roof-heating cables to prevent ice dams on roofs and gutters
- Insulate water pipes (this is a big one)
- Place a cover over the attic access area such as an attic tent
- Insulate electrical outlets
- Invest in an automatic home standby Generac Generator which automatically provides power for heat and electricity when there is a power outage. As soon as the power goes out they turn on and stay on until utility power is restored (We install and service Generac Generators)
Take care of your home and it can protect you and your family when mother nature puts on her show, you can watch from the comfort of your home.